Sunday, July 31, 2011

One week down! 299 days to go...

As you can see, the countdown is still on...and we are beginning the two hundreds. Blah. Well, Landon and I have now been back alone in Rio Rico for one whole week. Only a week??? It seems SO much longer. I am still missing having people around all the time-- I'm not so good on my own. :/

Friday was a busy day, which was great! I worked in my classroom, and then Landon and I went to dinner with Donna, John, Neecie, and Robbie. We spent a few hours with them just catching up. It was nice. Afterwards, Landon and I drove to Tucson to buy some fabric for my classroom. (Can you believe that is the closest place to buy fabric?!?!) We got home pretty late, so I didn't really have any time to sulk, which is good.

Now, the rest of the weekend has been pretty bland. I've been trying to clean out some things around the house, and get some other deep cleaning done. Landon spends his time playing with his toys. I've been doing things that I haven't done in awhile...like playing games on the Wii and writing in my journal. I'm really just ready to get this school year rolling so that I feel like I have more to do with my life. Being bored is not good for me when I'm alone because I just sit around and feel sorry for myself and I do not like that. :/

I did sign up for this single parent meet-up group online. A bunch of single parents (in Tucson of course) set up times for everyone to meet at the park or zoo or something, so other single parents can meet each other and get out of the house and the kids have new friends to play with. Whenever they have another activity that I'm interested in, Landon and I are going to check it out...see if it's even worth bothering with. We need some new experiences, desperately!

Well, this is the last week before it is back to school for real, so I have a lot of work to do! Wish me luck! Only 299 days until next summer... HA HA HA :)

No comments: