Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just another day...

Today I got some more work done in my classroom. I got the desks set up in groups, and started working on my classroom library. Landon was very cooperative today. He set up a little "office" where he sat coloring or talking on the phone. His office moved with me around the room, but he just played and let me work. I also met a new teacher today, whose husband is taking one of the eighth grade positions at my old school. She seems nice. Really nothing out of the ordinary to report. After working at the school, Landon and I went to play at the park. He was cranky by the time we left again, so when we came home he took a nap and I cleaned his playroom. I still have things to unload from the car (how's that for lazy), and I didn't want to unload his toys until the playroom was as clean as usual. So, the playroom is clean but the toys are still in the car...it's dark outside and that's my excuse. :) I'll do it tomorrow.



I felt pretty good today; I didn't cry at all until this evening when I sat down and wasn't keeping busy with anything. I think of how silly it is to cry about missing my family when I just spent the whole summer with them, but I can't help it. I love my family, and it gets pretty lonely when you're somewhere by yourself with no one to talk to (no one that can talk back at least). I think my mind is pretty much made up that this will definitely be my last year in Rio Rico, AZ. I do want to be closer to my family. Not only for my sake, but for Landon. I want Landon to have a close relationship with his grandparents. After how much Landon showed that he loved grandpa this summer, I know that he wants to be close to them too. Now all I need to do is check on what I need to do to recertify my teaching certificate in New Mexico. There's another little project for me. :)

No comments: