Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Homesick...

So, today I was really homesick again. I hate this feeling!! When I get like this, little things set me off and make me cry. Little, dorky things like looking at Landon's portable dvd player. He watched it almost every night before bed at grandma and grandpa's house...so it reminded me of being home. Landon has been such a sweet little boy. He knows when I'm feeling down and he comes to cuddle with me, give me kisses and hugs, and even brings a wet-wipe and wipes the tears off of my face. He's SO cute!

I do some other dorky things when I'm homesick too...like make a countdown to the end of school where I can mark off each day as we get closer. School hasn't even started for the year and I'm already counting down. That's probably not a good thing. But, as of today there are only 304 days until the summer vacation of 2012. ONLY... On my little countdown I even mark when all of the vacation days are happening. It's a nice visualization. I made a similar countdown last year and used it for like the first week and then got back to a hectic schedule and forgot about it, so I sure hope it works out like that again this year. It makes me feel a little better for the moment anyway.


Another dorky thing I did was made a little "vacation bank" so Landon and I can start saving our money for our first actual summer vacation. I figure that I will more likely actually stick to my savings plan if I don't see the money sitting in my checking account all of the time. I'm not a saver of anything by nature, so this is a new thing for me! :) That little activity gave me something different to focus on for awhile as well.


This morning I met with a friend to talk about things that I missed at the Association yearly planning retreat this summer and then Landon and I went back to my classroom. Landon was a little less helpful today, but I was still able to get things set up pretty much where I want them to be, and I finished organizing/going through the closet. Landon took an hour nap in the middle of our work session. I haven't moved my beanbags or anything comfortable into my classroom yet, so he took a super comfortable nap on a piece of butcher paper laid out on the floor. HA HA. This kid can sleep ANYWHERE!


Afterwards, we ran to Safeway for some milk and fruit. I had to buy some chocolate milk because Landon ran out, and grandma got him hooked this summer. :) We decided to eat pizza for dinner, and we are currently in a middle of a marathon of Dora, Max & Ruby, Little Bill, and Blue's Clues. (The same five episodes over & over & over. He only has these cartoons on one dvd, and I guess he really missed watching it during the last two months!) It's going to be a long night...

No comments: