Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This little person amazes me!

While spending some time this evening playing with Landon, I realized again just how amazing he is. Yesterday we were having fun in his playroom, when he decided to turn on some music. He picked out a groovy playtime music cd, put it in the cd player, and pressed play. He picked out two things from his toy bucket, a handheld fan and a piece of plastic from his stacking rings, to use as microphones. He gave me the fan, keeping the plastic piece for himself, and started singing in his "microphone". After a little singing, I sat Landon down on top of his cozy coupe's gas pump so that it was like he was performing. He was SO cute. The truly amazing part, however, was how the next day he remembered the entire experience and recreated it. I was sitting in the living room when he walked in with the two exact same "microphones". He gave me the fan again, and grabbed my hand to lead me to his playroom. Once in the playroom, he turned on the same cd and pulled his gas pump over to where I was sitting and tried to climb on top of it. He remembered perfectly everything from the day before. I am amazed at his memory! He remembers EVERYTHING! Maybe it is normal for small children, but even so, I am impressed!


He does the same thing with movies that he has watched. He can recognize what part is coming up in the movie, and show you the actions of the characters before they actually happen on the TV. I would like to take credit for these abilities, but despite how much I try, I always feel like I'm not doing a good enough job of teaching Landon how to do things. I think that he's just a pretty bright little boy. (Of course I have to say that...I am his mother! :) ha ha.) I just cannot get over how much this little two year old person can do.


I just thought that I should take the time today to tell everyone how amazing I think that my little man is, and maybe he'll read this someday and be happy to hear how great he is!


Mommy loves you Landon Gene! :)

No comments: