Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day weekend :)

Happy Labor Day weekend! At our house, we are calling it "end of summer cleaning". That's how I've spent most of the weekend so far...cleaning. Of course, Landon has spent most of his time messing things up and moving things out of their proper places. :) A baby's gotta do, what a baby's gotta do. I hope that I've done enough in the past few days so that Landon and I can have a little fun tomorrow. I'm thinking that we'll go for a little picnic and play time in the park. Other than that, we'll probably just hang out together. :) Mommy-and-son time. :)

There isn't much that has happened lately in our lives to report. I go to work everyday, and Landon spends time with his babysitter, Julieta. After work, we just spend time together playing, or watching movies. This weekend, Landon's favorite thing has been blowing bubbles. He climbed up onto his bookcase in his playroom and took down his monkey bubble gun, that he got for Easter from Ryan, and a bottle of bubbles. He's been playing with it on and off all day long today. He's also been playing with his cars a lot. He lines them up and pushes the the car at the end, and drives the entire line off of the table or around the couch. He's doing a lot of cute things lately. :) I keep trying to capture some of his cute moments on camera, but as soon as Landon sees that I have the camera in my hand he stops doing his cute stuff and just focuses on trying to take the camera from me. Someday......I really want to video him doing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" because it is SUPER cute!

The only real news is that we got a new car!!! Our old car was starting to have lots of problems that I really didn't have the money to fix at the moment. So, I thought about it really hard and decided that I would look online and just check out some cars. I put in an application at a car dealership in Tucson just to see if I would be approved. The salesman e-mailed me back and told me that I would be able to get a new car! :) I thought really hard about it after he e-mailed me, but then I was having really serious second thoughts. I e-mailed the salesman back and told him that I didn't think that I would be able to find a car, and finance what was left on my current car and that I was having second thoughts. He got back to me and was very kind and told me that he would run some numbers and see how things could work out. He was pretty positive about my situation, and told me that I could come look at their inventory the next day. On the way up to Tucson, we had only gotten to the border patrol checkpoint and my car decided to overheat...another problem, ugh! I called the salesman and told him that I wouldn't be able to make it due to my car problems and he offered to come and pick us up from the spot where we had broken down. So, he drove an hour south and picked Landon and I up and took us to the dealership where he showed us some cars, and got a deal worked out where I would be paying $20 less per month than I was currently paying. I realize that I will be paying for a longer period of time...but hopefully this car will last longer and stay in better shape. I do have to say though, that this was the best experience that I've ever had at a car dealership. The salesman was truly a kind man, and he never tried to pressure me into something that I wouldn't have been able to afford.

We are loving the new car, and of course the long weekend! :) Life is good.

No comments: